About 4 months ago I tried posting a quilt-in-progress only to have to delete the post. Being the totally brain-dead mama that I am I didn't even think that the woman who was to be surprised with this quilt would somehow find the post (it wouldn't have been too hard seeing as she has access to my blog)!
The very short story of this quilt...it starts with another mama acquaintance of mine whom I "met" through an online fertility board while pregnant with my first child. A group of us connected and formed our own little private board. We have gone through the births and everyday lives of our September 2006 babies, many subsequent births of siblings, miscarriages, fertility issues, health issues, you name it. This mama was anxiously expecting the birth of her 3rd child, a sweet little girl. One fateful day, however, it was learned that the baby was no longer alive. This mama gave birth to a beautiful angel in January 2009 at 17 weeks. This tiny angel has touched all of our lives and we felt that it was only appropriate to give said mama a comforting reminder of her little girl. The group of us pieced together squares of a quilt, added our own personal touches and presented the finished project to the mama (via snail mail) around Mother's Day.
Here are the squares that I worked on before they were pieced:
Wool Egg Embroidery Tips
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment